Tuesday, January 31, 2017

I am undone ......
yesterday,
because I had the freedom to do so,
I did something so horribly foolish
something that did not honor myself
nor my God
something that did not bring life
but only spoke of death and fear and hate ...

I reposted a video that had been posted originally by a site
a teaching site
that I trusted

I saw the title
and thought this is an area where we all need to learn
and so
without watching it myself
without learning myself
I simply reposted it

it was not until my son had the wisdom and the foresight ..
he obviously did watch it ....
to text me and point out the totally inapprorpriate timing of this post

just 24 hours earlier there had been a mass shooting
people were shot simply because they identified with the religion in this video
and here I am
a supposedly mature surrendered woman of Christ
posting something that could promote more violence against this same religion ...

my thought had been simply to educate
if we knew the roots of this religion
we would know better how to pray for these people
but instead Isimply promoted more hate
more violence

I am crushed
not at the video
but at my lack of wisdom
my lack of sensitivity

and I am so grateful for Jesus speaking through my son
bringing it to my attention

thank you Lord for the freedom in which I live
please I pray teach me to live it wisely
carefully
and thus bring honor to You
the giver of this freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment