Friday, March 6, 2020

Friday March 6/20

Mark 4:35-41 tells us the story of the storm, the wind, the waves, the boat, and the disciples ..
those men who had been walking, living, with Jesus ... those men who were being personally taught by the Son of God .... those men who 24/7 saw and heard and experienced and wondered ....

and here they are now ... these men who are fishermen by trade and so experienced on the water, near the waterm in the water ... and suddenly these men are frightened by a storm .... these men were in a situation they could not understand let alone control ..... they had Jesus with them!  in their boat! right in their boat!  and while they were panicking He was sleeping!   so they woke Him up .... thinking He did not know, did not care ... they thought they would going to die ... so thry woke Him up ..
but why?  what did they think He could do?   did they simply want Him to suffer in fear with them?  if they were going to die, did they want Jesus to die with them?  did thry just want to hear His voice one more time?  

They had no idea He had authority over the storm ... over the wind, over the waves ... over the sea ..
and they were stunned, awed to see that He did .....

and what storm do I need to bring before Jesus?  in what howling wind, what roaring sea do I need to hear His voice ?  

in what situation of my life do I need to recognize He is in it with me ..... and thus not be afraid ..

what do I expect Him to do?  what do I want, need, yearn for Him to do ???

how do I feel knowing He knows, but He sleeps ......

No comments:

Post a Comment