Thursday, September 20, 2018

touch the untouchable

this morning I read of the leper who asked Jesus to make him whole ...
the last line of the reading held these challenging words ..
"reach out and touch the untouchable" ...

who in my life is "untouchable"?
who in society these days is untouchable?
how does this apply to me?

and I suppose the untouchable for me is anyone whom I just do not like ...
someone I have no time for,
someone who has hurt me,
someone who has the capability of hurting me, or the desire to hurt me

and what does it matter if I am hurt
if I am misunderstood
if I am misquoted, misrepresented ...

and so, during my day today,
where ever,
may I look for the untouchable
and may I dare to touch
with my hand, my words, my prayers...

and may the untouchable be made whole
and may the toucher be made whole

for if I am afraid to touch
then I am also afraid to be touched
which makes me also an "untouchable" ....

No comments:

Post a Comment