Tuesday, February 14, 2017

have been thinking about Bartimaeous ...
it is said he was blind ...
spending his time sitting by the roadside
on a mat

and Zaccheous ....
it is said he was short
so he climbed a tree ...
to better see
or was it to see while yet hidden ....

and Mary ....
it is said she had been with many men

they each had a level of desperation
that touched the heart of Jesus

Bartimaeous cried louder when told to be quiet

Zaccheous precariously perched to peer through the foliage

Mary pushed her way through walls of blackrobed religiosity and legalism

how many times have I too cried out louder
climbed higher
pushed harder

you weren't there
you didn't know
you didn't hear
you didn't see
when He found  me

and so I still cry
climb and push
to be with Him
to break my life open before Him
to wash His feet with my tears

to be loved while being known
is a wondrous thing ...

He knows
and
He loves

and so I will continue to cry
to climb
to push




No comments:

Post a Comment